November 2012: BREAST OF PHEASANT IN FOIL WITH APPLES
An ideal dish for using up windfalls and as the pheasant season comes upon us!
What you will need
- 4 pheasant breasts approx 140g each
- 1 shallot peeled and sliced
- 2 medium apples cored and peeled
- 4 sage leaves
- 8 tblsp port or vermouth
- double cream
How to cook
- Cut 4 pieces of foil 25 cm x 30 approx. and lightly butter the centre.
- Sprinkle on the chopped shallot then place each breast in the middle.
- Slice the apples thinly and place on the top of the breasts neatly.
- Season with salt and pepper and place a sage leaf on top.
- Sprinkle over the port and wrap up loosely but enclosed .
- Bake at 170 gas 3 for 20 minutes.
- Loosen the foil enough to allow the juices to pour into a small pan. Add a couple of table spoons of double cream and simmer to just thicken slightly.
- Season and serve with celeriac puree or braised leeks
Tomato is out!
What a great summer we have had, and even now in November it is still very mild, FOOD TOURS AND COOKING WORKSHOPS I have had MORE >
Blog The Newport Restaurant by Jamie Scott
The Newport Restaurant by Jamie Scott One aspect of my business is to provide consultancy for food related businesses and whilst this often is about MORE >