Twice baked cheese souffle wild garlic sauce
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- small onion or onion trimmings
- 215 ml milk
- Grated nutmeg
- Bay leaf
- 42g butter
- 42g plain flour
- 100g cream cheese or soft goats cheese
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- Trotter’s wild garlic pesto
- 10ml double cream
HOW TO COOK
- Turn the oven to gas 5 190C.
- Put the milk, onion, nutmeg and the bay leaf in a pan and just bring to the boil. Remove from the heat, cover and infuse.
- Melt butter in a pan and add flour, cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Strain the milk through a sieve into the pan and cook over a low heat until thick, stirring well.
- Add the cheese and beat until melted into the mixture.
- Remove from the heat and beat in the yolks.
- Whisk the whites with a pinch of salt until stiff.
- Add a quarter of the whites to the mixture and gently mix in, then return the mixture to the egg whites and fold through, with a spatula.
- Spoon the mixture into 6 darioles or ramekins lined with cling film.
- Place in a tray of hot water ( bain marie) and cook for about 15 minutes in the centre of the oven gas 6 until risen and lightly browned. Leave to cool.
- When ready to serve, turn out the souffles and place in a suitable baking dish.
- Mix about 4 tsp Trotter’s wild garlic pesto with the cream, depending on your taste! Pour over souffles.
- Bake in a hot oven for 15 minutes until lightly browned and risen.
Blog The Newport Restaurant by Jamie Scott
The Newport Restaurant by Jamie Scott One aspect of my business is to provide consultancy for food related businesses and whilst this often is about MORE >
Eating Out In January
West Fife Eatery. As Fife food ambassador I enjoy the fact that that Fife is a microcosm of Scotland as a whole, it’s an MORE >